Wednesday

Zentrified

Stress is a fundamental part of life. It comes at us daily from multiple sources and in multiple forms, constantly challenging us to rise to the occasion and push through. More often than not, stressful situations make me want to bang my head against a wall. This semester has been particularly wrought with nervous tension and I'm beginning to think that I should invest in a fashionable helmet as a preventative measure against concussions.

In a life sans headgear, I've found yoga to be an incredible stress reliever. I'm terrible at it, it hurts, I'm about as flexible as a tire iron, but I always walk out of a class feeling like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. As cliché as it may sound, yoga is all about finding balance and inner peace. I focus on my breathing, find my center, and a pint-sized yoga instructor challenges me to rise to the occasion and push through (see what I did there?) until I feel like I can do anything  
Namaste, yoga bear. 
When I'm not busy damning my yoga teacher to hell as she makes me sit deeper into a Chair pose, I'm envying her stress-free, zen career. Imagine working as a yogi: your time is split between practicing yoga, meditating, helping others align their chakras and going on yoga retreats in Costa Rica. All while wearing yoga pants. Please sign me up. 

1 comment:

  1. This is relevant to my life and interests.

    ReplyDelete