Monday

Need Not Apply

Today is the first day of April which means that there are less than 2 months standing between myself, my fellow seniors, and the dreaded real world. Each day the pressure to find a job builds, and with today's economic climate many are inclined to make a career choice driven not by passion but by monetary security. As a preventative measure, I did some research and came across the Top Ten Worst Careers in America as compiled by CareerCast.  The career advice site based the list on five factors: physical demands, work environment, income, stress and hiring outlook. Out of the 200 jobs surveyed, the following ten offer fewer employment opportunities, high stress and poor work conditions; 
     
10. Broadcaster
9. Butcher
8. Dishwasher
7. Meter Reader
6. Waiter/Waitress
5. Newspaper Reporter
4. Oil Rig Worker
3. Military Soldier
2. Dairy Farmer
1. Lumberjack

Apparently my B.A. in Journalism qualifies me for a life of woe.


No comments:

Post a Comment